Urban Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd (UMS) is a specialist provider of facilities maintenance services to Government, Local Government and Private Sector organisations throughout Australia, with more than twenty years' experience.
We have an opportunity for a full-time Gardener with proven grounds and gardens experience to be part of our team based in Wyndham, Victoria.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining gardens, lawns, and landscaped areas of Council facilities in the Western Suburbs
- Safe operation of ride-on mowers, brush cutters, edgers, whipper snippers, pruners, sprayers and mulchers
Essential requirements for the position include the following:
- Certificate III in Horticulture (Parks & Gardens) or higher
- Minimum 3 years of commercial outdoor grounds/gardens experience is preferred
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of ride-on mowers, brush cutters, blowers and hand tools
- ChemCert Accreditation
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check, or willingness to get one
- Manual Driver's Licence
- Excellent presentation
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously as required
- Excellent work ethic, highly motivated and self-starter
- Ability to work in a small team
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong safety, environment and quality focus
The successful candidate will take pride in their work, and have the ability to follow instructions. You will have an excellent work ethic and be highly motivated.
If you are looking for a role with responsibility, have excellent communication skills, display pride in your work and thrive in an outdoor maintenance environment, please apply now.
Applicants must be able to provide two work referees, be available to undertake a pre-employment medical, Working with Children Check and driving assessment.