People & Culture Business Partner
Notting Hill location
Urban Maintenance Systems (UMS) is an Australian owned and operated facilities maintenance and management service provider. Our suite of services include preventative and reactive maintenance, as well as the management of buildings; parks, gardens, and open spaces; major events venues and transport infrastructure. We provide services to the Government, local governments and private sector commercial organisations throughout Australia and New Zealand.
We have a family culture and value the contribution our employees make to our business and our customers. The safety of our people, the quality of our service and protecting the environments in which we operate are of upmost importance to us.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Manager - People, Culture & SEQ, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced People & Culture Business Partner to join our growing team.
We have a new People & Culture leader and an appetite to build and refresh our HR service and frameworks and to design and develop new people programs and initiatives. We are searching for a People & Culture Business Partner who is not afraid of hard work but who wants to drive change and make a real impact!
This is a true HR generalist role that will see you support the planning, design, development, and implementation of operational and strategic human resource management activities.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the delivery of end to end HR services through each phase of the employment lifecycle
- Providing information and advice on IR/ER matters including the interpretation of industrial agreements, policies and procedures, performance management, recruitment, employee engagement, and development
- Attending disciplinary meetings and provide coaching to managers
- Managing grievances, complaints, claims, and investigations
- End to end talent acquisition
- Leading cyclical HR processes (e.g. PDR, engagement survey and remuneration reviews)
- Talent management, development and succession planning
- Design and facilitate in-house training and learning programs, covering a broad range of topics relevant to HR and leadership
- Management of a direct report - People, Culture & SEQ Coordinator
We are looking for someone with the following essential skills and experience:
- Degree in HR, or similar
- At least 3 years' experience in a generalist and operational HR BP role, within a medium-sized blue-collar business
- Experience designing and implementing HR systems and processes from scratch
- Knowledge across a broad range of HR areas is required and a strong working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Experience in recruitment, employee and industrial relations, performance management, managing complaints and grievances (bullying, etc) and training delivery is required
- Strong action orientation
- Ability to travel to our depots across VIC, and interstate (as needed)
- Ability to work flexible work hours on an infrequent basis i.e. toolbox meetings can commence at 6:30 am at some of our depots
If you are looking for a challenging role with the ability to make a huge impact, we want to hear from you!
Applications close 10 June 2020, however shortlisting will commence immediately.
This role was put on hold and now we will commence recruiting again. Previous applicants need not apply