General Labourer/Graffiti Removalist/TFPC 3.1
Urban Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd (UMS) is "Big Enough to Matter, Small Enough to Care" and that's what makes us a successful facilities and maintenance business.
We have a family culture and value the contribution our employees make. Our safety record is exemplary.
We are a specialist provider of Graffiti Removal, open space grounds, building/facilities and infrastructure maintenance services to Government, Local Government, and Private sector organisations
We are seeking experienced Labourer/Graffiti Removalists and combined TFPC/Labourer/Removal
You will be responsible for effectively and efficiently delivering services to Melbourne's Metropolitan Train System.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Graffiti removal including, surface preparation, application of primer/sealer coats and top coats using brushes and rollers
- Follow instruction and guidance to perform work safely while in the rail environment
- Application of chemicals to assist in the graffiti removal process, where appropriate
- Operate high-pressure cleaning equipment, hot and cold water
- Operate high-pressure paint spraying equipment
- Litter/rubbish collection in the Rail corridor and general cleaning duties
- Performing low-level worksite traffic management
- Colour matching when required
- Where applicable, undertake RSWHAs and PTF duties as TFPC
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Previous experience with graffiti removal, pressure cleaning, painting, or general cleaning
- Track Force Protection Coordinator (TFPC) qualifications and experience. Desirable
- Train Track Safety Awareness (TTSA) qualification
- MTA RIW card
- Manual Driver's Licence
- Motivated, driven and able to work autonomously or in a team environment
- Ability to use a smartphone in order to record data collected in the field, email, txt, call etc
- A high customer service focus and strong work ethic
- Strong safety, environment, and quality focus
Although the role is casual it is anticipated that you would receive 3 shifts per week on average on a Sunday night to Thursday night roster with possible opportunity for weekend overtime.
Successful applicants must be available to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and Police Record Check prior to joining the team.
If you are interested in joining us, please forward a cover letter and resume now!