- Ormeau Location
- Full-time Position available
- Grounds and Open Space Maintenance
Urban Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd is "Big Enough to Matter, Small Enough to Care" and that's what makes us a successful facilities and maintenance business. We have a family culture and value the contribution our employees make. Our safety record is exemplary.
We are a specialist provider of building/facilities, infrastructure and grounds maintenance management services to Government, Local Government and Private sector organisations throughout Australia.
We have an opportunity for a Full Time Grounds worker / Gardener with previous grounds and gardens experience to be part of our team based out of our Ormeau depot.
You will be responsible for:
- General grounds and gardens maintenance
- Operation of mowers, brush cutters, edgers and hedgers
- Other activities including pruning, weeding, watering, planting, mulching and chemical application
Essential requirements for the position include the following:
- Previous grounds and open space experience in a similar environment
- Certificate II or III in Horticulture (Parks & Gardens) preferred, not essential
- Manual Driver's Licence
- AC/DC Spray Licence preferred
- Willing to take and follow instructions
- Excellent work ethic & presentation
- A self-starter with the ability to work within a small team
- A customer service focus and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong safety, environment, and quality focus
The successful candidate will take pride in their work, and have the ability to follow instructions. You will have an excellent work ethic and be highly motivated.
UMS offers excellent working environment and conditions and prides itself on our safety culture.
Applicants must be available to undertake a pre-employment medical, driving assessment and a Police Check.