Horticulture - Parks & Gardens
- Full-time role
- Fun & flexible outdoor environment
- Competitive salary
- Start now and you won't lose your Christmas leave!
If you are looking for a career path, have excellent communication skills, display pride in your work and thrive in an outdoor environment, then we are looking for you!
Urban Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd (UMS) is a specialist provider of facilities maintenance services to Government, Local Government and Private Sector organisations throughout Australia, with more than twenty years' experience.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Qualified Gardener with proven grounds and gardens experience to be part of our team based in Craigieburn, Victoria.
If you are worried about losing your Christmas holidays with starting a new role, don't be! We will accommodate any Christmas holiday plans you have. This means you can start immediately and be ready to kick your career into gear in 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining gardens, lawns, and landscaped areas of Council and private enterprise facilities
- Safe operation of ride-on mowers, brush cutters, edgers, whipper snippers, pruners, sprayers and mulchers
Essential requirements for the position include the following:
- Certificate III in Parks & Gardens or higher
- Minimum 1 year of commercial outdoor grounds/gardens experience
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of ride-on mowers, brush cutters, blowers and hand tools
- ChemCert Accreditation
- Manual Driver's Licence
- Excellent presentation
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously as required
- Ability to work in a small team
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong safety, environment and quality focus
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, have an excellent work ethic and enjoy working in a fun team environment.
Applicants must be available to undertake a pre-employment medical, National Police Check and driving assessment.