Horticulture - Parks and Gardens
- Permanent full-time role
- Fun outdoor environment
- Competitive salary
- Start now and you won't lose your Christmas leave!
If you are looking for a role that makes a real difference to the environment then we have the opportunity for you! If you have excellent communication skills, display pride in your work and thrive in an outdoor environment, then we are looking for you!
Urban Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd (UMS) is a specialist provider of facilities maintenance services to Government, Local Government and Private Sector organisations throughout Australia, with more than twenty years' experience.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Horticulturist with proven grounds and gardens experience to be part of our team based in Western Sydney Parklands, Glendenning depot.
If you are worried about losing your Christmas holidays with starting a new role, don't be! We will accommodate any Christmas holiday plans you have. This means you can start immediately and be ready to kick your career into gear in 2021.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All gardens within the Western Sydney Parklands recreational areas
- Understanding and applying best practice horticultural techniques, displaying good interpersonal and communication skills and have a clear understanding of contractual obligations
- Keeping all site records, write weekly reports and monitor contract obligations and deliverables
- Liaising with clients when needed
- Safe operation of ride-on mowers, brush cutters, edgers, whipper snippers, pruners, sprayers and mulchers
- Working in conjunction with a Bush Regenerator
Essential requirements of the role:
- Minimum Certificate ll or III in Parks and Gardens (or equivalent in experience)
- C Class Drivers Licence
- Chemcert AQF 3 Accreditation
- Excellent knowledge of plants, pests & diseases
- Good knowledge of native plant/weed ID skills for the Western Sydney region (Cumberland Flora)
- Proficient in the use and maintenance of ride-on mowers, brush cutters, blowers and hand tools
- Proven experience in leading and managing teams
- Ability to utilise mobile communication device to make and receive calls, write, and read emails and input relevant data to capture your records
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously or in a team-based environment
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions including sun and rain, hot and cold climates, indoor and outdoor work, be available for weekend and public holiday work
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills, plus excellent personal presentation
- Strong safety, environment, and quality focus
UMS offers an excellent working environment and prides itself on our positive culture.
Applicants must be available to undertake a pre-employment medical, National Police Check and driving assessment.