- Job security and stability
- Natural flora park wonderland
- Competitive salary
If you are looking for a role that makes a real difference to the environment then we have the opportunities for you!
If you have excellent communication skills, display pride in your work and thrive in an outdoor environment, then we are looking for you!
Urban Maintenance Systems Pty Ltd (UMS) is a specialist provider of facilities maintenance services to Government, Local Government and Private Sector organisations throughout Australia, with more than twenty years' experience.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Bush Regenerator with proven natural area management experience to be part of our team based in Western Sydney Parklands, Glendenning depot.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- All gardens and native vegetation zones within the Western Sydney Parklands recreational areas
- Understanding and applying best practice bush regeneration techniques, display good interpersonal and communication skills and have a clear understanding of contractual obligations
- Keeping all site records, writing weekly reports and monitor contract obligations and deliverables
- Liaising with clients as and when needed
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment and hand tools used for restoration (brushcutter, hedger, hand tools, backpack sprayer)
- Work in conjunction with our Horticulturist
Essential requirements of the role include:
- Minimum Certificate ll/III in Conservation and Land Management (or equivalent in experience)
- C Class driver's licence
- Chemcert AQF 3 Accreditation
- Proven practical experience in bushland/natural areas restoration or vegetation management within Cumberland Flora
- High-level native plant/weed ID skills for the Western Sydney region (Cumberland Flora) and knowledge of restoration and weed control techniques
- Excellent customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Ability to utilise mobile communication device to make and receive calls, write, and read emails and input relevant data to capture your records
- Ability to work in a team-based environment or autonomously
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions including sun and rain, hot and cold climates, indoor and outdoor work, be available for weekend and public holiday work
- Strong safety, environment, and quality focus
UMS offers an excellent working environment and prides itself on our positive culture.
Applicants must be available to undertake a pre-employment medical, National Police Check and driving assessment.