Handyperson - Casual
Location: Notting Hill
Big enough to matter, small enough to care
UMS Advantage is a specialist in Building and Facilities Maintenance services across retail, not for profit, education and health sectors.
We have a family culture and value the contribution employees make. Our safety record is exemplary.
Currently, we have casual opportunities available for experienced trade or handyman/maintenance officer working for key contracts across Melbourne, based out of our Notting Hill Office.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Reactive repairs and maintenance works eg fixture and fittings and external building repairs
- Always complying with UMS Safety Policies and Procedures
- Professional and Customer service orientated when dealing with the client
- Teamwork with other UMS trades/subcontractors
- Work with UMS software (on a mobile device)
- Provide accurate and timely quotations
- Positively representing the business in their work and on the roads
Essential requirements for the role include the following:
- A trade qualification
- Demonstrated Building and Maintenance industry experience preferably within Retail, Commercial space
- Strong safety, environment and quality focus
- Hold a current driver's licence and reliable motor vehicle
- Hold a WWCC or willingness to get one
- Exemplary work ethic, communication and presentation
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with using an iPad or Smart Phone
- Quoting and estimating skills
- Competitive casual hourly rate
- The successful applicant will be provided with a mobile phone
This role will suit a hardworking individual with a positive attitude who is highly motivated and has an excellent work ethic.
UMS offers excellent working environment and conditions and prides itself on our positive culture, if you are looking for a challenging role with autonomy then apply now.
The successful candidate will need to be available to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment, driving assessment and Working with Children Check.